Posts from — June 2012
Today I’m caught in a daydream/mild-panic. There are so many things I have to get done, but all I can do is dream about what Summer must be like outside, the things I’d like to accomplish, the writing I’d like to get done (without the telephone ringing, the deadlines, and the nerves.) I’m having one of those days. I need a cookie.
Instead I’ll share some pretty pictures …
June 29, 2012 7 Comments
I’m kind of obsessed with leather shorts right now, and these Kelly Bergin perforated leather shorts (now on sale!) have the perfect sporty look for summer (oh yes, I will most definitely continue to wear leather through the Summer … rebel, rebel.) As you can probably tell, I’m also a huge fan of mixing metals. Go boldly.
1. Rag & Bone Adeline Color-Block Chiffon Top // 2. Steven Alan Blazer // 3. Kelly Bergin Perforated Leather Shorts // 4. Sam Edelman Yelena Sandals // 5. Illesteva Leonard Round-Frame Sunglasses // 6. Gorjana Graham Leather Wrap Bracelet // 7. Chanel Le Vernis Nail Color // 8. Deborah Lippmann Dancing in the Dark Nail Polish // 9. Zara Graduated Colour Clutch
June 28, 2012 2 Comments
Summer is here and I have a few big and small trips planned (happy dance!), so I thought I’d make a packing list of carry-on essentials. I don’t know about you, but my carry-on bag is ever-important. In addition to carrying-on my passport, itinerary, and all of the important documents, I require entertainment, warmth, good snacks, and the best in traveling skin-care (think Proactiv®)!
A few of the flying and travel essentials:
- – A great big carry-on bag – the glitzier, the better.
- – Sunglasses – for take-off, arrival, and looking all-around glamorous in between (with or without sleep).
- – Friendship bling.
- – A chic scarf to keep warm.
- – Plenty of reading material.
- – Cell phone (can’t leave home without it!)(plus a fashionable case.)
- – Snacks. (I’m a big granola fan!)
- – Passport (plus a pretty passport holder – so you don’t lose it, of course.)
- – Proactiv® Makeup Removing Cloths (because you should never sleep in your makeup and good skin is vital for looking fabulous on your summer vay-cay! Plus, these convenient little wipes are air-travel friendly, smell great, and keep your skin clean and refreshed, sans blemishes.)
- – Chapstick, because it tends to get dry on flights.
- – Socks — flights are cold!
- – Minimergency Kit.
- – Headphones. Necessary for long-flight-survival.
Proactiv® also sells their skincare line in travel size – check out the mini maintenance kit! So cute!
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Proactiv®. All opinions are my own.
June 27, 2012 4 Comments
I love these images of classic pieces – two-piece suits, trench coats, crisp blouses, vintage leather satchels, grey/white/black/tan/beige – made edgy with the right accessories (and of course, studs.)
June 26, 2012 12 Comments