Posted on June 5, 2012 by Lexi1 COMMENT
As I’ve gotten older, I’ve worked hard to dress the part. I mean, I do have a grown-up job (part-time). I look to style icons who dress feminine with a mature spin. In comes Kourtney Kardashian, possibly one of my absolute favorite celebrity trend-setters. Kourtney rocks dresses and tights – all of the time (awesome) – but she makes it look chic and sexy and womanly, rather than girly. And with each pregnancy, her style gets even more enviable.
Even in a babydoll dress and tights, Kourtney pairs the look with a perfect blazer, sky high heels, a bold lipstick, and unbelievably glossy hair. I envy her wardrobe.
A few tips to playing dress-up, Kardashian style:
- Go for tailoring. Everything should fit perfectly. Kourtney hems all of her pants, skirts, and dresses so that they are perfectly suited to her size.
- Pick one stand-out piece – i.e., navy blue dress, black tights, and dalmatian print platform booties. Kourtney loves faux furs and animal prints (who doesn’t?)
- Shop for the classics – trench coats and capes, collars, blazers, a-line dresses, etc.
- Take care of your hair. Whether she’s rocking a sleek top knot or a boho side-braid, Kourtney’s hair is her signature — it always looks shiny, fresh, and healthy.
- Take one beauty risk at a time. Kourtney’s pick – lipstick. When she goes for a bold lip, she keeps the rest of her makeup palette fairly neutral.
We think its tremendous popularity is proof that the 2012 Corolla offers the ideal blend of comfort, value and safety. In it, you’ll find a surprising number of high-end features, like available Display Audio system. It offers remarkable performance and fuel efficiency, plus an impressive list of standard safety features. Factor in its legendary reliability, and it’s even more apparent that Corolla is the smart choice.
Compensation was provided by TOYOTA via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of TOYOTA.