Posted on January 17, 2013 by Lexi16 COMMENTS
As the first of many exciting changes in the new year for this little blog, I am so thrilled to announce that I will be writing occasionally over at Good Life Eats as a Style Contributor. Katie Goodman, author of GoodLife Eats has long-inspired me with endless recipes, tips and tricks, and advice, and when she began looking for contributors in other areas, I jumped at the chance. I’ll be covering all things style-related, so be sure to visit. And without further ado, the statement pant and how to wear it …
What to Wear With Statement Pants: Rag & Bone Tuxedo Blazer // Honeydew Intimates Bralette // Villa Sweatshirt // Josie Tank // Gap Embroidered Loafers // Madewell The Film Noir Pump // Dara Ettinger Alanna Stud Earrings // Rebecca Minkoff MAC Bag
As Winter keeps on shoving along, it’s hard to imagine a time when shorts and skirts were part of the daily wardrobe, but pants can be just as funky, fun, and adorable. Lately I’ve fallen for some pretty crazy pants: leopard print trousers, brocade skinny jeans, even sequin harem pants (and those might just be my favorite!) But it’s hard to imagine how on earth you’ll wear such “out there” bottoms. First and foremost, I say, “Go for it!” If loud pants seem, well, loud, just tone down the rest of the outfit. A few tips to get you started:
- Pair your funkier pants with solid colors.
- Try a black blazer (for dress-up) or a heather gray sweatshirt or plain white tee or tank (to dress it down).
- Both flats and heels look great with a statement pant, and don’t be afraid to keep the shoes a bit funkier if that’s your style (just stay away from too much pattern.)
- Color is a-okay, but again, go for solids.
- Keep the shape in mind, pair a looser pair of trousers with a more fitted top and pair a skinnier leg with a softer sweater or jacket.
- Have fun with it!