In just a few days, September 1st, to be exact, I will begin my birthday festivities. I say “begin” because I like to draw out my celebrating as long as humanly possible (i.e., however long I can convince the other human in my household, hubby, that he should be showering me with gifts). And this year, just after my birthday, we’re jetting off to NYC for New York Fashion Week – a clear sign that my birthday celebrations should last well into a week of New York fun. So this year’s aspirational birthday wishlist is NYFW-inspired. And of course, friends and family – feel free to take note.
August 27, 2012 21 Comments
I am a makeup fiend. My mom says I came out with lipgloss in hand at birth. I live for a great lipstick, a pretty blush, and my sacred compact. I also know that as I got older, skincare is essential. I buy everything with SPF, moisturize every night, and never ever sleep with make-up still on my face. My make-up bag is generally a mix of lots of makeup, a great spot corrector (love Proactiv®), and cleanser.
- A pretty little cosmetics bag.
- When you’re pale, blush is a must.
- Proactiv® Advanced Blemish Treatment – the surefire emergency cure for an unwanted blemish.
- The softest lightest best-smelling concealer ever.
- The must-have powder compact.
- I’ll forever be a smoky eye kind of girl.
- Black liquid eyeliner.
- Show-stopping mascara.
- I also like to carry around a bright red lipstick – instant mood lifter.
- In case a nail chips, put glitter on it.
- Perfume-to-go of choice right now – Kai oil – the yummiest gardenia scent.
- And last but not least, sparkly pink lipgloss.
What’s in your makeup bag?
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Proactiv®. All opinions are my own.
August 9, 2012 6 Comments